Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bumper Stickers

When I was growing up I thought bumper stickers were cool. I am a compulsive reader. My parents didn't like bumper stickers, much to my dismay. The only bumper sticker they ever put on our car [van] was a "McGovern" sticker. Event though I didn't really understand, I thought it was cool we [finally] had a bumper sticker!
My rebellion is to have bumper stickers on my car. I keep them on till they look ratty and then I try to rotate them out every few years. Currently on my car: (the Christian fish symbol with the words inside) "& Chips" [kinda gotta see that one]; "Tree hugging Dirt Worshiper"; "Keep your [cigarette] butt in the car, the Earth is not your ashtray!"; "Ginger Rodgers did everything Fred Astaire did only Backwards and in High Heels." These 4 bumper stickers are my favorites. I also have some static cling stickers: "Coexist"; Triskell; Tree of Life; peace frog "Imagine"; "Life is Good".

Some of my favorites during my travels:
"Fear the Turtle" (Maryland Terps)
"Drive like you stole it"
"Coffee, Chocolate, Men: The richer the better."
"Don't believe everything you think" (My mom saw this one and passed it on to me)
on the back of a beer distributor's truck: Bells' Inspired Brewing: Not tested on animals, probably because we have so many volunteers.

I'm sure there are many more bumper stickers that have entertained me in the past and many more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment