Monday, March 9, 2009

Where the name comes from

Good day!
I have thought a lot about what to post on this blog and I have several ideas & comments to share...perhaps I need to keep a list?
Who is the Chief Forester's Daughter? I am.
Who is the Chief Forester? My father, Joe.
In 1978 my parents bought 22 acres of land in south central Pennsylvania, part of 300 acres (?) being split up and sold. Part of this land was an old Christmas tree farm, and all the evergreens had grown. My mother, Allegra, dubbed the land "Whispering Pines" and Joe dubbed himself "The Chief Forester". At one point my aunt Peggy had a plaque engraved with the title for the door of Joe's workshop. The name of this blog is in memory to him. My father passed away from brain cancer @ 61 in May 2003. I miss him.
Why do I call my father Joe? I was not "taught" to call him "Dad". My mother called him Joe, so I did too...and yes, I call my mother "Mom".

No comments:

Post a Comment